A New Life

A young gal who just started her journey as a disciple, the exuberant and lively Ester Lai shares of how God led her to Him in her life. When I was 15 years old, I faced a lot of personal problems in my life, especially in the area of my studies and relationships. I was very unhappy at the time, not to mention lonely as well. One day while I was in my hostel room, I saw my roommate writing a letter. Filled with curiosity I probed her and she told me how she often wrote letters to this friend of hers to share of her problems whenever she was unhappy. It turned out that this friend was a pastor in a missionary in Sarawak. I decided to get to know him and I started corresponding with him. I believed that it was God’s plan that I should come to know him. I found comfort in pouring out my burdens in life through the letters I wrote to him. Although we communicated with each other only through letters, I felt loved and cared for. After graduating from high school I began working in Johor Bahru. We lost contact with each other. While I was there, my cousin sister, who is a disciple in the JB Christian Fellowship, got hold of me and began inviting me to her church. I rejected her invitations again and again due to my own laziness. I was not willing to make time and effort to go to church. Two years later I moved up to Kuala Lumpur. My desire to know God began to grow then. I started buying Christian books and reading more about God. As I learned more about the Bible I wanted to do what is right in my life. But my efforts were frustrated for I could not change my ways. I longed to go to church but my work schedule would not allow it. Until one day when I received a call from Lily. She invited me to church again. Even after all this time she had never given up on me. I was so grateful and I accepted her invitation without hesitation. I believed that it was God’s plan for me. My first visit to church was to the Malaysian Churches Conference (MCC) and it changed my life. I had always wanted to feel God’s love in my heart. So I was very excited to study up the Bible with the Christians who reached out to me. As I continued in my search for God I was faced with a lot of challenges, particularly when it came to repenting of my sins and making decisions to change my life. Each time I felt tempted to give up the Christians would be there to encourage me and I saw how God changed my heart. Though it was an uphill battle for me I felt grateful to God because He has never given up on loving me. Two months later I was baptized into Christ. Amen! I feel glad and happy because it is such a blessing to be able to love God and to know that it is never too difficult to seek God as long as we continue to walk according to his ways. Whenever I feel weak he always has his plan to help me grow from my weaknesses and to understand more about His word. To me having a relationship with God is like tasting the sweetest honey. I feel so blessed. We are so precious to God. Therefore we should treasure this relationship and strive to imitate Christ’s love (Philippians 2:1-11).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Team

BTFC Club Closed Championship